Banarasi Silk Saree
6 Useful Tips to Take Care of Silk Sarees
Sarees are a woman’s prized possession, especially silk sarees! There are many silk sarees for women online and offline. We women love sarees so much that we either buy saree online or go to a shop to lay our hands over them. In fact, we spend a lot of time and effort in selecting a saree. Each saree has a distinct feature, while some have beautiful lustre while the others may have delicate work that will bowl us over.
Partywear saree for women means delicate, rich silk sarees with a beautiful interplay of colours and work. Often, we buy saree online, wear it for an occasion and forget it in the wardrobe. After few months, when we wish to wear it for some other occasion, the saree either stinks of fungus or has stains that were neglected after the initial wear. While buying saree online or offline, we must understand the nature of the fabric, the colours used, the dyes that are involved and other embellishments that have gone in to make this piece of clothing so special and unique.
After considering all these aspects, it is important that we store them and clean them the right
way. Here are some tips that will help you in maintaining all types of silk sarees:
1. Washing your silk sarees: Whenever you wash your silk sarees, never squeeze them or brush them hard to remove the stains or dirt. Simply soak them in a mild detergent and wash them with your hands. This will help in keeping the delicate embroidery and other work intact.
2. Storing silk sarees and handloom silk sarees: For women, keeping their wardrobe organized is quite challenging. However, make sure in an attempt to lend a clean look to your wardrobe, you do not hang these sarees in hangers as this stretches the fabric and the saree will lose shape. Fold the sarees inside out to keep the work well-protected.
3. Never dry in direct sun: This is something which needs to be remembered! Silk sarees when dried in direct sunlight tend to fade. Never use high heat while ironing the sarees.
Also, do not move the iron back and forth as it will damage the delicate threadwork.
4. Keep the perfumes away: Avoid spraying perfumes directly on your sarees as they may leave a non-removable stain behind.
5. Use natural products to keep odour away: We all like our sarees to smell good and not of fungus or musty odour. Instead of using naphthalene balls, which are known to damage the fabric, opt for dried neem leaves. While using dried neem leaves, make sure you store them in a cotton pouch to avoid direct contact with the fabric.
6. Keep the dampness away: Keep your sarees free of dampness by wrapping them in a muslin cloth and storing them in a wooden cabinet. This is a must-follow tip for party wear sarees. For women, who do not party much, these sarees need to be stored properly to improve their longevity.
Remember, a lot of effort and time of an artisan goes into weaving these beautiful silk sarees. So, it is important to put some care and effort into maintaining and preserving these delicate pieces of art. By following the above tips, you can make sure that your sarees stay beautiful for generations to come.
Handloom Silk Sarees for Women at Chinaya Banaras
Chinaya Banaras has a beautiful collection of bridal silk sarees, handloom silk sarees for women and designer party wear sarees for women. They are woven in rich fabrics like Banarasi silk, Chanderi silk and Tussar silk. These rich and exquisite silk sarees Chinaya Banaras can lend a classy and chic look to your ensemble. The quality of our fabrics and the intricacy of our work are distinct and apt to match every occasion.
If you are looking for exclusive silk sarees, then we are the one-stop destination. Choose from our wide range of sarees to look your best at the next upcoming event. Traditional or contemporary, we have a saree for every occasion. Team them with exclusive temple jewellery to make an effortless style statement.
Head to Chinaya Banaras for silk sarees to revamp your wardrobe!